Educational Administration Scholarships
AASA’s Educational Administration Scholarships were created in 1949 to provide incentive, honor and financial assistance to outstanding graduate students in school administration who intend to make the school superintendency a career.
Seven top graduate students in educational administration receive a scholarship from AASA, The School Superintendents Association. The scholarships are given in honor of AASA’s former executive directors—Worth McClure, Finis E. Engleman, Forrest E. Connor, Paul B. Salmon, Richard D. Miller and Paul D. Houston.
The applicant must be recommended by the chair of the School of Education in which the applicant is currently enrolled.
Only one application may be submitted from each college or university campus.
Applications open in May annually.
Only one application may be submitted from each college or university campus and the applicant must be recommended by the chair of the School of Education in which the applicant is currently enrolled.
Applications must be completed via the online form by September 30th. No late applications will be accepted.
What needs to be included with the online application?
- Three (3) essay responses to career-specific questions
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the chair/dean of the School of Education
- Two (2) letters of endorsement
- One (1) from an officer of the school system in which you are employed or from a department member of the college/university you attend (max 400 words)
- One (1) from a leading citizen of the community in which you have spent the major part of your professional career (max 400 words)
Each scholarship recipient will receive $2,500.
Congratulations to the 2022
Educational Administration Scholarship Recipients
Arielle Ashley Hammond
North Clackamas School District, Milwaukie, Ore.
Kimberly Jane Martin
District of Columbia Public Schools, Washington, D.C.
Melanie Lynn Bujnoch
Conroe Independent School District, Conroe, Texas
Denton Independent School District, Denton, Texas
Tu Moua Carroz
Sacramento City Unified School District, Sacramento, Calif.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- James Ray Howington JR., Senatobia Municipal School District
- Stabler Ross Janeiro, Jackson-Madison County School System
- Keith Randall Turner, North Chicago Unit School District 187
- Deborah Simone Van Roy, Ricardo Flores Magon Academy
- Jacob Evan Wilson, Cleveland County Schools
- Stephanie Andler, Selah School District
- Jessica N. Betz, Father Marquette Catholic Academy
- Deborah L. Elder, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Michael Gaines II, Franklin Township Community School Corporation
- Clara Jessica Garay, Esperanza Elementary School
- Julie H. Lam, Oswego East High School
- Maisha G. Rounds, Boston Public Schools
- Terry Dade, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Mit Lee Foley, Saginaw Public School District
- Oscar Romano, YES Prep Public Schools
- Julia Carlson, Fall River Public Schools
- Richard Cruz, Houston Independent School District
- Scott Hurwitz, Glastonbury Public Schools
- Cory Irwin, Bloomington High School North
- John Newport, Vigo County School Corporation
- Devon Roberts, Jefferson County Public Schools
- Cade Smith, Georgetown Independent School District
- Adam Bayne Central Michigan University in Michigan
- Andrea Dixon Seahorn William Woods University–Fulton in Missouri
- Kyle Cassady Western Kentucky University in Kentucky
- Mykia Olive Howard University in Washington, D.C.
- Jodie Peters George Mason University in Virginia
- Bethany Cumper Rocky Mountain College in Montana
- Jason Arledge, University of Mississippi
- Vincent Brancato, Arizona State University, AZ
- Shon Hocker, Idaho State University, ID
- Helen Joung, University of Washington, WA
- Robert King, Western Kentucky University, KY
- Walter Lundy, Howard University, DC
- Kimberly MacKinney, University of Southern California, CA
- Robert Steckel, Lehigh University, PA
- Michael K. Bunch, Principal, Gustine Middle School, Gustine, CA
- Eugene Figueroa, Dean of Students, New York City Dept. of Education, Bronx, NY
- Benjamin J. Ploeger, Principal, Eagle Ridge Academy High School, Brighton, CO
- Oryla Marie Wiedoeft, School Site Administrator, Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Karen Denise Cheser, Chief Academic Officer/Deputy Superintendent, Boone County School, Florence, Ky.
- R. Benjamin Talbert, Middle School Principal, Auburn School District, Auburn, Wash.
- Thomas Brian Brickel, Department Chair—Special Education, Academy District 20, Air Academy High School, Air Force Academy, Colo.
- Kelly Tremaine Williams, Vice Principal, Newark Public Schools, Newark, N.J.
- Doris Lynette Crawford, Director of Secondary Schools, Shelby County Public Schools, KY
- Thomas Fry Jr., Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Granville Exempted Village Schools, OH
- Courtney Elise Hart, Coordinator of Assessment and Accountability, Lewisville Independent School District, TX
- Leigh Anne Neal, Associate Superintendent for Communications, Shawnee Mission School District, KS
- Frederick Dennis Rundle, Elementary Principal, Mercer Island School District, WA
- Danette Tiffany Sokacich, Assistant Principal/Teacher, Dr. Pedro Albizu Campos Puerto Rican H.S., IL
- Robert E. Bostic, Director of School Leadership and Instructional Technology, Denton Independent School District, Texas
- Anne Tybor Hoover, Middle School Principal, Palmyra Area School District, PA
- Michael S.W. Knox, Principal, Celebrate the Children, School for Children with Alternative Learning Styles, Wharton, NJ
- David Lee Dimmett, Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, Project Lead the Way, Clifton Park,NY
- David Grant Hornak, Elementary Principal, Holt Public Schools, MI
- Jennifer Ruth Kubista, Director of Student Life, Tacoma Public Schools, WA
- Lisa Hackel Young, Coordinator of 21st Learning and Professional Development, Carroll Independent School District, TX
- Matthew James Adams, principal, Ankeny Community School District in Ankeny, Iowa
- Christopher Stephen Bernier, principal, Orange County Public Schools in Orange County, Fla
- Maribel Galan, principal in Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District in Norwalk, Calif.
- Fawzia A. Keval, principal in Elk Grove Unified School District in Elk Grove, Calif.
- Amy Marie Kortemeyer, elementary director of teaching and learning, Linn-Mar Community School District in Marion, Iowa
- Kathleen A. Rieke, coordinator of mathematics, science and Title I in the Metropolitan School District of Washington Township in Indianapolis
- Bruce Ralph Willingham Jr., assistant superintendent of personnel for Maple Heights City Schools in Maple Heights, Ohio
- Robert R. Bravo
- Monique A. Darrisaw
- Kim M. Hanks
- Eric O. Haugeberg
- Laura A. McDermott
- Rosanna G. Mucetti
- Corinne D. Pflug-Tilton
- Ricardo Z. Medina
- Margaret Lowell Rice
- Matthew R. Seaton
- Cynthia Renee Blansfield
- Brandon Heath Core
- Amanda C. Alice
- Peter Sundin Carpenter, II
- Patricia B. Charles
- John V. Doherty
- Robert J. Glass
- Catherine McNamara
- Kenneth R. Whitt
- Denise M. Wickham