Work for AASA
Staff at AASA
Why choose AASA?
Do you want to have an impact on the future of our nation? Do you believe every child should have equal educational opportunities? AASA may be the place for you.
- provides school administrators with professional growth and networking opportunities, and a voice on Capitol Hill;
- produces an award-winning publication, School Administrator, that covers a broad range of topics in education and leadership;
- recognizes the leadership and accomplishments of individuals who make a difference in education through awards and scholarships; and
- conducts grant work that supports the health and well-being of children.
Conveniently located just blocks from the King Street Metro station, AASA offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment to employees.
Benefits for full-time staff include:
- Remote work available for most positions;
- Health and dental insurance;
- 403(b) retirement plan;
- Long-term disability coverage;
- Life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage;
- Short-Term Gap Coverage under our Family Medical Leave;
- Legal Resources membership;
- Voluntary supplemental benefits;
- SmartBenefits® – AASA subsidy and additional pre-tax purchase;
- Employee assistance program;
- Credit union membership;
- Flexible spending accounts – dependent and medical;
- Paid vacation (10 to 20 days a year depending on tenure and job grade);
- Paid sick leave (10 days per year), personal leave (2 days per year) and holidays (11 days per year).
There are no available positions at this time.
AASA Mission Statement
AASA, The School Superintendents Association advocates for equitable access for all students to the highest quality public education, and develops and supports school system leaders.
Adopted February 14, 2018
AASA Governing Board