Student & Child Privacy Center
Updates on emerging student privacy and cybersecurity issues and best practices.
With over 130 state student privacy laws being passed since 2014, new federal regulations on the horizon and school cyber attacks becoming unfortunately more frequent, the AASA Student & Child Privacy Center is designed to bridge the resource gap by providing low-barrier insights to stakeholders, especially those who do not have access to costly legal expertise.
- Distributes rapid-response stakeholder alerts when there are significant developments in the student and child privacy landscape
- Publishes short resources on student and child privacy issues for AASA stakeholders
- Provides technical assistance in the new Data Integration Support Center through our partnership with WestEd
- Provides non-partisan legislative tracking and analysis related to student and child privacy issues for the AASA Advocacy & Governance team
- Disseminates student privacy and cybersecurity insights through public speaking engagements and being a resource for the press
Updates & Alerts
March 31, 2023Recap of the Parents Bill of Rights - Part One
We've got a recap of details on the Parents Bill of Rights. This is Part One.
February 01, 2023AASA's New Student and Child Privacy Center (SCPC) Stakeholder Alert - February 2023
AASA’s new Student and Child Privacy Center (SCPC) provides support for AASA’s members by tracking and analyzing legislation, creating resources, and providing technical assistance on student privacy issues.
Meet the Team
The Student & Child Privacy Center is staffed through the newly formed Public Interest Privacy Center, an emerging nonprofit being incubated at AASA and led by Amelia Vance, a globally recognized student privacy expert who has been a leader in the student privacy space for over a decade.