Next Education Workforce: Team-based Staffing Models for Better Educator & Student Outcomes
To deliver meaningful and equitable learning outcomes, we need to redesign the profession, the workplace and how we prepare people for both.
The default one-teacher, one-classroom model of schooling is unsustainable for most educators. As a result, our education system does not reliably deliver learning outcomes and experiences for nearly enough people. With the disruptions caused by COVID, we have a once-in-a-generation opportunity – and obligation – to fundamentally redesign how we staff schools.
Teams of Educators with Distributed Expertise
We believe that teams of educators who share a common, larger roster of students can work together to deliver better outcomes for learners and make the job of teaching more rewarding and sustainable. Teams of educators capitalize on their distributed expertise. Each educator brings a set of unique skills and strengths. Some are better at communicating with families; others excel at building class culture or data-driven instruction. Team-based models allow them to lean into their strengths. Furthermore, if an educator is absent, the team can dynamically adjust to minimize disruptions to learning.
- Hear from superintendents and principals who have designed team-based staffing models
- Hear from educators about their experiences working in team-based staffing models
- Learn about the core elements of team-based models and see multiple examples of these models in action
- Receive concrete resources for creating instructional, staff, budget, and communication plans
- Determine in which schools your school system might launch team-based models
- Receive free registration to the February 2024 Next Education Workforce National Summit and invitations to site visits hosted by ASU and Arizona school systems
At the culmination of these sessions, participants will take a differentiated pathway based on their readiness to pilot team-based staffing models in the 24–25 school year.
This program will consist of synchronous sessions on the following dates:
September 21, 2023 | 1–2:30pm PT/4–5:30pm ET
October 12, 2023 | 1–2:30pm PT/4–5:30pm ET
November 2, 2023 | 1–2:30pm PT/4–5:30pm ET
December 7, 2023 | 1–2:30pm PT/4–5:30pm ET
Participants in the Learning Cohort will also receive free registration to the February 2024 Next Education Workforce National Summit and invitations to site visits hosted by ASU and Arizona school districts!
September 21, 2023 to February 28, 2024
Not a member? Join today.Register Today