Cybersecurity for School Superintendents
Balancing safety and security with teaching and learning
The goal of the Cybersecurity for School Superintendents program is to educate superintendents on cybersecurity and provide an opportunity for district leaders to evaluate their needs and develop a strategy to address these needs.
During this program, participants will:
- Understand the current cybersecurity landscape including the impact on all facets of district operations.
- Reflect on, develop and refine strategies, procedures and response plans.
- Know and understand the purpose and structure of resources and frameworks that are available to education leaders.
- Share strategies for implementing K-12 cybersecurity programs that lead to certifications and credentials for students in order to address workforce needs.
- Strengthen connections among agencies, organizations, and school leaders.
This program will consist of two in-person meetings and a series of virtual sessions.
September 19 - 20, 2023 | Dell Technologies | Round Rock, Texas (near Austin, Texas)
February 14, 2024 | Prior to NCE 2024, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina | San Diego, Calif.
Virtual meetings occur the second Wednesday of the month from 3:00pm - 5:00pm EST
- October 11, 2023
- November 8, 2023
- December 13, 2023
- January 10, 2024
- March 13, 2024
- April 10, 2024
- May 8, 2024
Program participants will explore the following essential questions during their time in the program:
- What is the superintendent’s role in managing and reducing cybersecurity risk and minimizing the impact when cyber incidents occur?
- In what ways do district leaders balance safety and security risks with teaching and learning and operational and budgetary needs?
- What policies, procedures, and security controls do district policymakers and leaders need to consider as part of their cybersecurity risk management program?
- When faced with a cyber attack, what actions are essential for a district to recover and maintain trust with students, parents, staff, and community members?
September 19, 2023 to May 31, 2024
Not a member? Join today.Register Today
Noelle Ellerson Ng
Associate Executive Director, Advocacy & Governance
AASA, The School Superintendents Association