Newly Appointed Superintendents Academy
Setting you up for success!
Taking on a new role as a school district leader can be an exciting and, at times, overwhelming experience. The Newly Appointed Superintendents Academy will orient you to the profession and help set you up for success. You will have opportunities to connect with other newly appointed district leaders and learn from knowledgeable, long-serving professionals.
From exposure to best practices in building board relationships to understanding daily operations, you will be equipped with skills to lead your staff, students and communities effectively.
What will you learn?
- How to build successful board and stakeholder relationships
- Acquire equitable instructional leadership skills
- Explore management best practices and how to implement and lead systemic change
- Understand big picture objectives and daily operations functions
- Connect with colleagues across the country who are also new to the profession
- Learn with and from knowledgeable and established educational leaders
Session II: November 9 - Virtual
Session III: December 14 - Virtual
December - Happy Hour
Session IV: February 16 -18 - Virtual option but also meeting during NCE in San Antonio, Texas
Session V: March 8 – Virtual
Session VI: April 19 - In-Person in Dallas, Texas
Session VII: June 7 - Virtual