AASA Book Proposal Guidelines
If you have an idea for a book, or you are working on a book manuscript, AASA wants to hear from you!
AASA, the professional organization for more than 13,000 educational leaders nationwide, is soliciting proposals for books that provide important and cutting-edge information on a range of issues related to education and educational administration.
We are particularly interested in books with a scope and subject matter tied to AASA’s mission, which is to support and develop effective school system leaders who are dedicated to the highest quality public education for all children. Key topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Instructional leadership
- Leading change
- Student achievement
- Research in education
- 21st century skills for today’s students
- School system improvement
- Resources for new and aspiring superintendents
- Systems thinking for school leaders
- Ethical issues and dilemmas for school leaders
- Preparing and motivating experienced and aspiring school leaders
- Standing up for public education
If you have a book project that you would like AASA to consider for publication, please submit a proposal to AASA that includes:
- A tentative descriptive title
- A description of the subject matter, scope, anticipated length and intended audience
- A detailed table of contents, including brief chapter summaries
- A completed sample chapter
- An estimate of when the book will be completed
- Whether any part of the book has been published previously and, if so, where
- Whether you have written permission to use material that may be copyrighted (illustrations, lengthy quotations from scholarly works, or quotations from fiction or poetry)
- A brief biographical sketch of the author(s)
- Please note that AASA is not able to accept unrevised dissertations for publication.
The AASA Publications Review Board carefully evaluates all proposals submitted to AASA. The association partners with several publishing houses to prepare accepted manuscripts for publication. See the AASA Books page.
Please submit your proposal to James Minichello, communications & media relations, 703-875-0723, email@example.com.
The AASA Publications Review Board evaluates manuscripts submitted to AASA.
For more information, please contact James Minichello, communications & media relations, 703-875-0723, firstname.lastname@example.org.